The choices and options can be overwhelming out there while you are getting ready for your baby. Here is what I have learned and what I found to be the best choices for our family. I hope you find these helpful to you as you prepare for your little one!
First of all, the only way to go is with BABYLIST REGISTRY. They allow you to register from any store, including etsy and things you find on pinterest! They also compare prices for multiple stores that offer the same product so your friends and family can get the best prices! It also has the option for out of town family to ship your gifts directly to you! Here is the link to BabyList: They will give you instructions on how to set up your account. But basically you will download a button to your favorite’s bar and when you have a product on your web browser you click the button and it’s added to your registry! Once you have your button added, you can click on each of my links below and then click the button to add them to your registry. *Note: I had to use the application on our iPad and couldn’t get it to work on our laptop.
Most of the items I have here are listed with Amazon. I did this for a couple of reasons: 1. I often find they have the best prices. 2. They deliver. If you don’t have amazon prime yet, you may want to consider taking the plunge. The first few weeks we found we needed items but didn’t want to go through the hassle of getting ready and leaving the house. Their free two day shipping was a life saver! If you haven’t already signed up for prime, you can do so here:
Here are the items I registered for and why:
- Rock’n Play Sleeper: This was the best gift we received because our little boy slept in it right next to our bed for the entire first month. The slight incline helps reduce the risk of SIDS and is comfy for baby. Plus, the shape helped keep him on his back. It is light and easy to move around the house or take to friends’ and family’s’ houses.
2. HoMedics SS-2000G/F-AMZ Sound Spa Relaxation Machine: This little guy is great for creating white noise and also comes with 6 different nature sounds. Our son loved being outside and so this was nice to have in his room and helped him sleep.
3. BOB Revolution SE Single Stroller: This ride is so smooth and easy to open and close. It snaps right up and can be done by little me! I like the look of the black one the best but we ended up with the orange one for better visibility as we live in the rainy PNW. This stroller is the best! I take it on runs, walks, to the store, zoo, events, and basically everywhere!
4. Graco Pack ‘n Play with Reversible Napper and Changer Playard: Don’t let the size intimidate you! It has wheels and can be moved all around the house or move outside. It also folds up easily and can be packed into the car. It has two levels, and it can be deep or shallow, depending on how old your baby is and what you want to use it for. This has been great as our baby started staying awake longer. It was easy to interact with him and let him play in here.
We also registered for some extra playard sheets and have used them when our son blew out of his diaper and got poo EVERYWHERE!!
5. Maxi-Cosi Mico Max 30 Infant Car Seat: This has been a super reliable purchase. It has easily removable fabric for cleaning up those blowouts. It has self-wicking fabric so you baby stays somewhat comfortable even if they blow out or spill something. It has built in infant supports so you don’t have to buy other ones (car seat manufacturers won’t insure the safety of your baby if you use other purchased inserts and get in a car accident!–this is one of the main reasons we went with this car seat). And it is fairly easy to put in the car seat base and remove-which was important to me because I didn’t want to be taking 10 minutes trying to get the baby out of the car! However, this car seat is not compatible with the Bob stroller. If you want to be able to have your car seat move from your car to the stroller I would suggest the Britax B-Safe 35 Elite Infant Car Seat.
If you go with the Britax and want it to fit with the stroller, you will also need to get the stroller adapter. It is a bar that connects to your stroller that the car seat clicks into.
We also got this BRICA Baby In-Sight Auto Mirror. I sat in the back seat with our baby for the first several weeks but this was nice as I got more comfortable or had to drive him by myself. I just like being able to see him. I guess it’s a mama-bear thing.
6. Boppy Pillow: This is so helpful in support for breastfeeding and cuddle time. If you have a preemie or smaller baby, I would recommend getting two. I would also recommend getting extra covers. Our baby was 6lbs 6oz, and we needed to put other pillows underneath but they would work their way out and we eventually got another one.
7. OXO Tot Seedling High Chair: What I love about this highchair is that it is adjustable and can change as your baby grows. Plus it’s tray cover is removable and dishwasher safe! I’m all about the easy clean up!
- Skip Hop Chelsea Downtown Chic Diaper Satchel: I love my diaper bag!! It has 12 pockets so I can stay organized with all the various things I bring with me. Included is a pull out changing pad. It has super durable fabric that is also lightweight. Plus, it has clips for you to put it on the back of your stroller! Not to mention, my husband isn’t too embarrassed to walk around wearing it. 😉
2. BRICA 2 Piece White Hot Sun Safety Shades: Helps protects your little ones sensitive skin from the sun while driving. These are great because they roll up when you don’t need them, and stay down when you want to use them.
3. Baby wraps: I love carrying around my baby and liked having a couple of different wraps. My favorite is the Solly wrap but I also liked the Happy Wrap. My husband prefers the ergo. For the first few months you’ll also need an infant insert.
- Reusable Food Pouch: These are super easy to fill as they have a ziplock top! they are handy for snack time while out of the house. And they are reusable!2. Green sprouts Spout Adapter for Water Bottle: Fits on regular bottled water and makes it so your little one doesn’t make a huge mess when trying to drink from your water. I like this because it is smaller and lighter than brining one for me and one for him.
3. My Brest Friend Nursing Pillow: provides great support for breastfeeding. The full wrap around helps prevent neck and shoulder soreness and provides support for under your elbows. Plus, I would put a burp rag in the pocket and water or snacks for myself!
4. Bamboobies: These were a must have for me for breastfeeding. I was mostly over engorged and would often leak. To help prevent thrush and mastitis it was recommended to me to change these at every feeding. So far, it has worked and I haven’t had any infections. Breastfeeding requires a lot of maintenance as it is, an infection is last thing you need! Plus, these will help keep your bras clean and keep from leaking through to your shirt.
5. Philips AVENT Microwave Steam Sterilizer: This cleans your bottles, pacifiers, and other things quickly and efficiently without having to run a full load of dishes. Even though I didn’t use formula, it was nice to have bottles for the hubby to feed him and it allowed us to go out on a date night and let grandma watch him. I also pumped extra milk throughout breastfeeding so he would continue on the breastmilk. However, this sterilizer works great if you are doing formula too!
6. Philips AVENT Bottle Warmer: This is a perfect way to warm up those bottles to the perfect temperature. And it is fast! It works with Avent bottles, cups and most food jars. It also has defrost settings for frozen stored breastmilk.
7. Philips AVENT Natural Polypropylene Bottle: I am not particular to these bottles except that they fit in the bottle warmer and sterilizer. I also like that they are dishwasher safe. They are easy to use and I have been happy with them.
8. Boon Grass Countertop Drying Rack: I love the look of this drying rack! It is also practical as is easily holds everything upside down and lets the water drip to the bottom of the tray.
9. Baby Bandana Drool Bibs for Drooling and Teething: These super cute bibs are amazingly absorbent. I love their style and ability to pick up the mess from my little one. They are also adjustable so they will fit from baby to toddler.
10. Carter’s Burp Cloth: Can’t have too many of these! It is recommended to wash after every use so I would load up! Four was not enough for me, but I would have one in every area of the house I would breastfeed and have one in the diaper bag.
1. Organic Hypoallergenic Bamboo Hooded Towel & 2 Washcloth Family Set: Bamboo fiber is naturally round and smooth, hence there is no sharp spurs to irritate the skin. It is gentler than cotton or synthetic fiber. The best choice for delicate skin to alleviate Eczema, rash, acne, allergies, and cradle cap. Keeping your baby’s skin clean & clear while hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-static, and odor resistance.
2. Munchkin White Hot Safety Bath Ducky: This little ducky will tell you on it’s underbelly if the water is too hot for your little one. It is fun and cute so our little one loves having it in the bath and we can know the water isn’t too hot for him.
3. The First Years Sure Comfort Deluxe Newborn To Toddler Tub: Infant insert works great for your little one to be safe and out of the water. It also connects onto your sink so you can wash him at the kitchen sink with the hose, if you have one. It is light weight and was voted BEST bathtub in BabyCenter’s Moms’ Picks 2014 awards.
4. Aveeno baby soap and lotion: This is gentle cleansing soap that uses a natural oat formula. The lotion is fragrance free and moisturizes for 24 hours.
- Huggies Natural Care Baby Wipes: Resalable closure keeps your stand-by supply fresh and moist. Provides a gentle touch of Aloe and vitamin E and is alcohol-free, hypoallergenic and fragrance free.
2. Summer Infant Contoured Changing Pad & Changing Pad Cover: Many changing tables don’t come with a changing pad. We also ended up needing extra changing pad covers as our little one’s favorite time to go was once the diaper was off! ha!
3. Pampers Swaddlers Diapers Size 1 Economy Pack Plus: I couldn’t believe how many diapers we went through!!!
4.Ubbi Steel Diaper Pail: Powder coated steel and rubber seals to lock odors in for those poopy diapers. It is actually pretty small and compact as well.
1. aden + anais Classic Muslin Swaddle Blanket: A life saver for getting our little one to sleep. Classic swaddling blankets! These are breathable which helps prevent your little one from overheating.
2. Philips Avent Soothie Pacifier: Great for soothing baby when they are not hungry. Some studies show that having a pacifier also helps prevent SIDS. We got the newborn size and the next size up as well.
3. Snuggin – The Comforting Sleep Miracle for Babies: This attaches to the pacifier and makes it harder (though not impossible) to loose. Great to use once they are old enough to sleep with things in their crib and grab their pacifier for themselves.
4. Greyscale Storage Collection: Classic storage set for helping keep all your baby things organized. We liked also having an open set for clothes he was growing out of that could be put away once we had a small collection. We also had one with a few items in the next size up.
5. Organic Onesies: You can never have enough of these! Machine washable and 100% cotton.
6. The Art of Cure Baltic Amber Teething Necklace: This is a must have for newborns and toddlers! It has anti-Flammatory & Succinic Acid immune system boosting properties. It is made with 100% of real baltic amber.
For the nursery:
- Stork Craft Sheffield Fixed Side Convertible Crib: This is convertible and moves all the way into a full size bed! It is made of solid wood so it is pretty stable. I love the classic white but think it would also be cute in grey–depends on your nursery. My favorite thing about this crib is how the base can be adjusted lower as your baby gets older so they can’t climb out.
2. Mountain Shelf: It is a little pricey and we didn’t end up getting this but it is just so cute!! Maybe grandma will get it for him for his birthday or something!
3. Delta Children Avery Upholstered Glider : love this glider! It is comfortable and provides great elbow support. It is also somewhat narrow. We have a smaller nursery room so it was easy to fit. We had it shipped to us and it was easy to put together.
4. Tree Pillow: love the design and how it ties in the outdoor theme. We put it with the glider and I use it for back support while nursing as well.
5. Grey and white stripped rug: love the way this ties in the neutrals.
6. Grey Pouf: Can be used as a foot rest while breastfeeding or as a seat for your little one or hubby.
7. Be brave wooden signs: So sweet! They are much smaller than I expected but look so good in his room.
8. Woodland Animals Reclaimed Wood Signs: Comes in a set of four so you have to pick which animals you like but they go so well with the other signs!
9. Half Tone Floor Basket: We use this as his dirty cloths hamper for now but plan on using it as a cute way to store toys as he gets bigger.
Health and Safety:
- Summer Infant Complete Nursery Care Kit: Comes with all the necessities including Medicine Syringe and Pacifier Medicine Dispenser help parents measure and easily administer the proper dosage to baby, Nasal Aspirator relieves baby’s nasal congestion, Forehead Thermometer and Digital Thermometer for an easy, accurate temperature reading, Emergency Information Card for quick reference to doctor’s number, and Nail Clippers and Emery Boards (5), just the right size for tiny, newborn fingers.
- Nuby Pur Ice Bite Soother Ring Teethers: Provides a cool textured surface for baby to bite and teethe on safely during their teething periods and they were engineered with raised offset surfaces that assist in the eruption of teeth by gently massaging infants gums.
- Orajel Baby Naturals Teething Gel: Natural pain relief for your teething baby. This brand uses chamomile.
3. Pedialyte Powder Pack: For when your little one is sick. This helps keep replenish electrolytes if they are vomiting or in danger of dehydration.
4. Motrin Concentrated Infants’ Drops Dye-Free Oral Suspension: Pain and fever reducer.
5. A&D Ointment: helps prevent and treat diaper rash.
6. NoseFrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator: NoseFrida creates a seal with the outside of the baby’s nostril for seamless, comfortable snotsucking. I know it sounds gross right now but when your little one has trouble breathing you’ll be willing to do anything! Plus, you don’t actually get the snot in your mouth.
7. Innovo Forehead and Ear Thermometer: The only thermometer that your child will ever need. Measure temperature via forehead (suitable for all ages) or ear (recommended for children over 1 year old).
8. Simba Soft Bristle Silicone Baby Toothbrush with Milk Residue/Fur Scrubber : Designed with multiple purposes, the bristles side for teeth brushing and back for fur clearing. It also has a safety guard to prevent baby swallowing.
- The Jesus Storybook Bible: A Bible like no other, The Jesus Storybook Bible invites children to join in the greatest of all adventures, to discover for themselves that Jesus is at the center of God’s great story of salvation—and at the center of their Story too.
- Moo Baa La La La Board book: This adorable story is about the sounds animals make—including three pigs who say “la la la!”—it is great for reading aloud.
3. Colors: This book is made with iconic shapes and patterns. Each spread features a color or number illustrated by a famous Kiely pattern.
4. Home: Influential artist Carson Ellis makes her solo picture-book debut with a whimsical tribute to the many possibilities of home.
5. Jellycat Bashful Beige Bunny: Super soft and cuddly!
6. Skip Hop Treetop Friends Activity Gym: I love the nature inspired textures and themes. This is great for tummy time and for helping engage your little one as they have more awake time.
7. Vulli Sophie la Girafe: This sweet teething toy is safe to play with and is phthalates and BPA free. It is made of %100 natural rubber and food paint which can fade. Plus, each one is individually hand painted and unique.
I hope you will find these things helpful to you as you prepare and love your little one! Happy registering!!